Pipeline enquiries – up-to-date and reliable
In Germany, more than one million construction sites operate per year. Each construction project is obliged to ensure that the underground lines and cables are undamaged. But where exactly are the lines and who is responsible in each case?
The BIL provides clarity!
The Germany-wide Information System for Pipelines Inquiries (Bundesweite Informationssystem zur Leitungsrecherche – BIL) is a portal that makes available information on pipelines across Germany. Inquiring companies can locate and describe in BIL the construction project in detail based on geographical location information. BIL checks online who is responsible for the pipelines in the area and then sends the enquirer a list with the relevant information in a fully digitized workflow.
Please contact BIL for your digging request:
- BIL provides legally binding information
- BIL offers comprehensive pipeline research in the online portal
- BIL provides a fully digitized workflow
- BIL provides an on-line responsibility check
- BIL enables construction site classification based on geographical location information
- BIL is co-operative society based on the principle of solidarity
- BIL pursues no private economic interests
- BIL is available free of charge to enquiring companies